Molex supporting Open19
Delivering industry-leading signal integrity and density while providing a scalable price and performance path for future data-rate enhancements, the Impel and Impel Plus system of backplane connectors and cable assemblies offers OEMs the option for equipment to operate at today’s data rates and costs.
The Impel Backplane Interconnect System provides the footprint and interface that enables customers to drive speeds that achieve 25 Gbps NRZ with a migration path to 56 Gbps NRZ and 56 Gbps PAM-4 without completely re-designing their architecture or replacing existing hardware in the data center while meeting the mechanical density requirements being driven by the industry.
The Impel Plus Backplane Connector System achieves data rates up to 56 Gbps while delivering optimal signal integrity with a grounding tail aligner that minimizes impedance discontinuities and reduces crosstalk. Additionally, an innovative signal interface improves insertion loss over in-line beams, pushing frequencies past 30 GHz.
The Molex Impel data cable assembly:
- Allows customers to connect 48 servers to one Open19 switch
- Offers a plug-and-play solution
- Drives density and speeds to support 100 Gbps data center deployments
- Aligns with standard 19” rack deployment and allows quick upgrade of legacy hardware
- Cost-effective solution maximizing speed and density
Learn about how Molex supports the Open19 Project.